Achieving the perfect tan requires a little TLC
Pre Spray tan
- Hair removal- Any waxing should be done 24-48 hours before your spray tan and any shaving 12-24 hours before.
- Exfoliation- Start the exfoliation process 2-3 days before the tan with the last exfoliation happening the night before the tan or at least a few hours before.
- Hydration- Keep skin nice and hydrated the week leading up to your appointment. Moisturise everyday and drink plenty of water. A hydrated skin is the best base for a flawless, long lasting tan.
- Avoid wearing any moisturiser, make-up, perfumes or deodorant to your appointment as this may affect the outcome of your tan.
- Avoid using any body washes that contain mineral oils or fragrance the day of your tan as well as washing hair as this can leave a coating on the skin and cause streaking.
What to Wear
- Please bring loose dark clothing to wear after your spray tan.
- While it is sometimes fun to dance and run in the rain doing so with a fresh coat of spray tan is not! To avoid water marks in the rain ensure you bring clothes and shoes that cover your new tan.
- Disposable g-strings are provided at your appointment, however it is up to you how much or how little you wear during your tan. Breastfeeding mama’s please bring a strapless bra to your appointment.
Post Tan Maintenance
- Shower at the recommended time to avoid an over processed tan.
- For your first shower avoid using any body washes, soap, shampoo and conditioner. A 60 second rinse of is all that is required for the first shower. Water should be slightly warm NOT hot and use your hands to ensure all of the bronzer is off the skin and no streak marks appear from the water stream. When drying after your shower, pat yourself dry with a towel rather than rub (I do this after every shower)
- Avoid any body moisturisers after your first shower as the tan is still in development phase.
- While the tan is still developing (16-24hrs post initial wash off) avoid any high impact exercise.
- Keep in mind that swimming, spas, saunas and massages can affect the longevity of your tan.
- Moisturise everyday and after every shower (not including your initial rinse off) and drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated and the tan to last longer. Avoid moisturisers containing mineral oils and SLS.